Riverside Carillon.

alanaj8283 aaj.buswell at H2m19sEiavEZN-mCjs4mrNpRv3wjwFoQ74234G8oLiiMCsIMpX0zkc2xo27FSIpMu3j9htnMEDi64_gz2mqxzraVmQlp.yahoo.invalid
Sun Oct 24 15:46:19 BST 2010

My attention has been drawn to the fact that there may be two ways of measuring a bell's diameter. Bell No.7 of the G&J Riverside Carillon, weighing only 15lbs, has been measured as 7" (no typo error)on the outside (lip to lip)but in the G&J Tuning Books it is given as 5 7/8". The measurements have been checked by my informer and shows the smaller measurement to be that of the INSIDE of the bell. What of the other bells here, I wonder?

Is this the usual practice of Cyril or may be anyone else?

AAJB