[Bell Historians] Riverside Carillon.

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at yBp4tILjok7RGOlsy5XE7C8yuFTXgT4VOqDnQ0kFjkEvq3DkpSqmAgsJ5CiLhUcnRK8j4n5_s8ma5jPMdHyN0uJP.yahoo.invalid
Sat Oct 30 15:38:11 BST 2010

That's precisely what I'm wanting to know. G&J says diameter is 5 7/8 inches, actual outside measurement, as measured by my informant - 7 inches. The former measurement being the inside.

AAJB.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roderic Bickerton
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Riverside Carillon.

  Hoe very odd, Hoe on earth can you sensibly determine an inside diameter at the lip the shape being a curve?
  sounds an implaudable explanation.

  On 24 October 2010 15:46, alanaj8283 <aaj.buswell at VRTP235kOducmu9GauYJ8U9T1K1tuQFT0chfNrU0iXkSJareKoV2mET1RlP0H18GzxtE1S59gmScHItLtbKAgw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

    My attention has been drawn to the fact that there may be two ways of measuring a bell's diameter. Bell No.7 of the G&J Riverside Carillon, weighing only 15lbs, has been measured as 7" (no typo error)on the outside (lip to lip)but in the G&J Tuning Books it is given as 5 7/8". The measurements have been checked by my informer and shows the smaller measurement to be that of the INSIDE of the bell. What of the other bells here, I wonder?

    Is this the usual practice of Cyril or may be anyone else?

    AAJB