Veronese style heavy sixes

David Bagley david at ukWHQKEE2t3WOO_A5tI8hnhgVtDBwcKRtyDOs4nrLmtBgZiK8-aR4oTlpyRO1yP9XNeWC6hZEnVYkogX5nEn.yahoo.invalid
Sun Sep 12 21:59:40 BST 2010

Sorry this is a bit late - I've been away!

St Elena in Venice are about 44cwt and I rang there on 18th July 1986.
http://www.veneziasi.it/images/stories/venezia/arte_storia/chiese/chiesa_sant_elena.jpg
I've uploaded a brief (14 second) sound clip to :-
http://www.ringing.demon.co.uk/veronese/venice.mp3
This is called in Italian using the numbers 4-9.

The back 6 at Arzignagno at 48 cwt can be heard here :-
http://www.ringing.demon.co.uk/veronese/arzignag.wav#bells1
The augmented ring can be seen here :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWT2JJQk23Y&feature=related

The heaviest of the lot is Verona Cathedral at 88cwt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwptIBdAq0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1M9BqLZJgg

I can't wait to hear about the heavy 6 in America and how they are hung and
rung.

David Bagley