[Bell Historians] Bell Care

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at zDPXRZ3LxaRb4YFds4BVLu5hj5cJz9ulkjaaazvhEktMS_nSjA8PwgZVr1s2cDFT5-ur8u3TMnX9caLQT6XGTvA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 13 17:25:10 BST 2010

Details of these bells can be found in G&J's Tuning Book No. 7 p104.

WOOD'S HOLE:
2. Serial No. 3387:   24 1/4" dia;   2-3-21.5 in F#;   732hz;  19 Sep 1929.
1. Serial No. 3386.   20" dia;  1-2-22 in A;  870hz;   20 Sep 1929.

There are further technical details but the above is what people normally require.

AAJB.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: eelpondfrog
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 12:47 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Bell Care

  Hello All-
  I have recently become involved in the care/repair/maintenance of two beautiful Gillett and Johnson Bells in Woods Hole, Massachusetts (US). They are hung fixed in their own stone tower that was built in 1929-1930. They play the Angelus. They are mechanically controlled by their original green Gillett and Johnson mechanical control; possibly driven by a newer electric motor and a much newer clock timer. I would appreciate any and all information on the machinery and its care as well as the care of the tolling mechanisms.
  I am new to Yahoo Groups so will try to post photographs later.
  Matthew Bumpus