Benjamin Annable

nitramwe edwardwmartin at I5n4JsAHTX9LUm59irwW0eFUsFOXX5Bl9TZZdvfEmPbENjMLqonuna26DKXppKWRzuXOjxCbVi8tUwoWTMvr.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 16 08:55:23 BST 2010

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "LOVE, Dickon" <DrLove at ...> wrote:

> I read last night that Benjamin Annable was reported to be Professor of
> Mathematics at Cambridge. Whilst I haven't thoroughly checked any of the
> contemporary writings about this man, this is a fact that I was hitherto
> unaware of.
>
> Is this old news, new news, or already demonstrated as untrue?
> I might be in a position to research this one.
>
> DrL

As a footnote (p.30) of his History of the College Youths, Trollope wrote:
"It has often been said that Annable was a professor of nathematics at Cambridge, but this is quite incorrect."

As I recall, a similar story also once referred to Fabian Stedman being a professor of mathematics

Eddie Martin