Stolen William Brend Bell

Peter Trent peter.trent at blXY8r4qA_qzabEmGnOzaRaGL6NWAlzQ5MxWbEKHFCgLkqaaU-LuRkuL_rSAbbJIUND_UmvoXRHd31CS06zbB247.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 8 15:30:07 GMT 2011

I have just been sent this. It refers to the 1616 bell by William Brend that  hung in the tower of St Mary's Newton Flotman prior to the transfer  of the 3 Braysers from Rishangles. I don't yet have the vital statistics but will post them as soon as I do. I believe it to have been around 8 Cwt however.

Peter Trent
Principal Bells Advisor- Diocese of Norwich

This is a message from Long Stratton Safer Neighbourhood Team:

Police are appealing for information from local residents following a theft.

Between 26 December and Sunday 2 January thieve(s) have removed a large church bell from a garden in Saxlingham Thorpe.

The bell had been stored under tarpaulin in a garden for the past 25 years, so was overgrown with brambles and bushes.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Jon Phillips at Long Stratton Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.