Bells at St Mary, Papanui?

John Dovemaster at 0FC5_AEHMFb4zrkE9HXGr1nIqARrY81sj0lztKHH1ML6cI0vAilSLJQwYYWUi1HEttEzVaDnJrdnz_EKEI8zCmY.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 1 15:38:00 GMT 2011

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...> wrote:
> I've been unable to find out anything about these bells - particularly if they are to be reused.
>
> Can anyone help?

They are neither Christchurch Cathedral, nor St Paul's Papanui, bells (for the road / church tower layout is all wrong for either).  I suspect, looking closely at the picture, that these were hung dead and also that they have suffered with the heat and so are un-reusable.

JCB