[Bell Historians] Bickenhall

c.j.pickford.t21 at X7tvWoPGlyGT6l8C158QIULBPbJvyfawf6ZuCEvqUrr3CHycx-Ln6vZU8qYSHu9HXQO4pMaSoNbFJ_-_uTNz1vyVQzyVwA.yahoo.invalid c.j.pickford.t21 at X7tvWoPGlyGT6l8C158QIULBPbJvyfawf6ZuCEvqUrr3CHycx-Ln6vZU8qYSHu9HXQO4pMaSoNbFJ_-_uTNz1vyVQzyVwA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 23 12:12:44 GMT 2011

Am away from desk but know that there was one bell 1847. Before that three I think - one a Rudhall. Fairly sure the chances of finding much more on old bells are slim
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: "Mike Chester" <mike at mikechester.demon.co.uk>
Sender: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:04:02
To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] Bickenhall

Sam Napper samnapper at rocketmail.com  writes on Change Ringers

I am very keen to trace the whereabouts of the bells that were hung in a church, demolished in the 1840's. The church in question was at Bickenhall, in Somerset.

Does anyone know a good place to start? I assume the bells did go somewhere and  not for scrap, especially as the mid-Victorian period seems to have been a popular time for adding and augmenting.

Think he is a bit optimistic in the last paragraph!  Can anyone help him?

Mike