[Bell Historians] A Short handstroke

Iain Mitchell i.w.mitchell at Lt61lRjzwJfpl4eFUvkk6NGpvR4cxEHzJqdfXZ6tzWBJshLKlhFBsQYqGfW_VrQIgQkKLqhWoDUqUgWj6Klhx5Q.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 6 14:00:38 BST 2011

I used quite a complex way of setting garter holes in the correct position in relation to pulley position, drops and draws, wheel diameters, and tangents etc. There must be an easier way.
Have you compared the offending bell with any of it’s neighbours, which you don’t think have a short handstroke and going from what you find there?
Just a thought
regards
Mitch
From: David Willis
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 1:25 PM
To: BellHistorians
Subject: [Bell Historians] A Short handstroke

      A bell in our group is suspected of having a short handstroke . My thought is that this is something that can be measured with the bell down ( of course ).

      If a line is taken from the garter hole to the gudgeon and another from the gudgeon to the pulley an angle is formed between the two . Too little resulting in a short handstroke .

      Am I correct please and if so what is accepted to be the correct angle ?