[Bell Historians] More Pathe

Sue Marsden erincaters at SoaJcy8N06-hz3aPMwAn79OfVvQDpp8-SJmSKoWKp3P1z285aNcJ0O05gh5w-B8FR5SaojKWSixq6UFj9atdgARKDIw.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 17 09:09:09 BST 2011

On 16 May 2011 16:13, Richard Offen <richard.offen at lnZURQaMmF063GKk0GfSNqKRr_g1ZjDZj5Niyzrmas84d1Wu7V4Gw68UqD8EdHmnyzKm-BnxZ_2ytD4ivF7-dco.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I suspect the film was inverted by the film editor rather than the cameraman.
>
> Sent from Richard Offen's iPhone
> On 16/05/2011, at 11:07 PM, "David Cawley" <davidl.cawley at 1bcmUjDAPjcFA6P59UcH9l66tN1SPOhDMd5kRxUWyrqyQaERMtUxRE7Jauh-HHXrySkapWjL_Hr6gE8kkIWqvcLzsz64.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

This reminds me of a children's book on Sounds which I came across
years ago (by Henry Pluckrose I think). It showed a picture of a bell
in the 'up' position but had been printed upsidedown so the clapper
was shown against the side of the bell rather than hanging in the
middle of the bell as it would have done had the bell been down, The
bearing cases were also on the underside of the frame! Obviously the
editior had no idea that bells could be mouth upwards and just assumed
they always hung down.
SEM