St. James Garlickhythe

George Dawson george at 4urVBqR2CjS7fQi2Eh3SetyHvHqS716xZwKDZS0JLB4YeNt-FFhbUB9x0CjXhfsg6iyYFppSNtEjAcu4utpYLvXEcozgJVU0.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 19 09:07:15 BST 2011

So whats going to happen to the 3 'historic' bells already in the tower??

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dickon Love
Sent: 19 May 2011 08:43
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] St. James Garlickhythe

"Does anyone know any more details about this project and whether the bells
will be hung for ringing at St. James Garlickhythe?"

I have been working on delivering a new ring of 8 bells, tenor just over 9
cwt, for St James' Garlickhythe. At some stage in the planning, Whitechapel
and I were approached by the Diamond Jubilee Pageant Trust who wanted some
bells for the pageant, and we decided that these bells could be used. They
will therefore be hung for ringing on a barge leading the flotilla and then
subsequently hung in a new frame in the tower of St James'. Should be
interesting.

DrL