[Bell Historians] Mystery Bell

Andrew Aspland aaspland at 2MHdhDCLAI-avTxDu_ggG4i5WDdNB6-uVFedGEqnwaG3hj_f1UaSe5FQQ0hib82dvYvyNwg9fwsdA7J9IPU.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 4 23:29:45 GMT 2011

Yes – that was my idea before I had a closer look!
Andrew

From: David Sloman
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:54 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Mystery Bell

NBR says James Shaw?

DS
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Aspland
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 7:21 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Mystery Bell

  Dear All
  Can anyone suggest a possible founder for the larger bell at Woodhouse, Leeds?

  http://www.riponandleedsbells.org.uk/woodhouse.htm

  I believe it was installed by Potts of Leeds when they installed the clock in 1900.  It has 6 canons – the set of four have angular corners whereas the two single canons have their corners rounded off.  The moulding wires are shoulder 3, 2, inscription band, 2, waist, 4, soundbow, 2.

  It is normally about 10 feet off the floor but the tower is internally scaffolded at present and I was able to get a bit closer!  There is no inscription whatsoever!

  Yours
  Andrew