St. Clement Danes Pathe news

Jim jameshedgcock at Vuq_zCzyk39NifNKD4QUo257CtQKLcHJRynoZCC9Y3uASD1yrLPkeHNC2EyY9ProDI5LG-sbYnVK_doUySTcXQ.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 6 07:18:41 GMT 2011

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richard.offen at ...> wrote:

> I think you will find that it is Douglas Hughes playing the melody and his brother Bill who rushes in (according to Bill, much to the surprise of the RAF Chaplain who was standing by him!) to assist with the final couple of chords.
>
> Richard
>
> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Bryan McCahey <b.mccahey@> wrote:
> >
> > I was looking at the Pathe news archive this evening and found the following charming item showing the new ten for St. Clement Danes 'up-ended' outside the church for their dedication in 1957, whilst William Hughes (assisted by another) chimes 'Oranges and Lemons' on them with a mallet.
> >
> > See http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=32612
> >
> > Bryan McCahey

On the Oranges & Lemons distribution of fruit to the schoolchildren are Harold & Olive Rogers ringing handbells, but I don't know the other two handbell ringers.