[Bell Historians] Re: 1936 German Olympic Bell

George Dawson george at jZBzz_i2PYDvGDxfJCmqRydFKZPYQOJqI9QYd4hBNDx8Up6PllicjKjJoI4zrKMz3jw52_9yOmwdEg1Wch0wcySWqm-QhDU.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 6 08:42:04 GMT 2011

I've sent some pics to the Editor showing the cracks, and the hole in it
from the anti-tank round that hit it.

Theres a smaller bell up the rebuilt tower.

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ted Steele
Sent: 05 November 2011 19:24
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: 1936 German Olympic Bell

On 05/11/2011 16:32, David Bagley wrote:

There was a bell on a plinth outside the Olympic stadium in Berlin when I
visited there in about 1983 to watch a football match!

I'm not sure whether this is the same bell, nor whether it is still there.

I guess this will be it; and no doubt already well known as it's from
Wikipedia:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1936_Olympics_Bell_-_Berlin.jpg>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1936_Olympics_Bell_-_Berlin.jpg>. The
date of the picture appears to be 1993. The bell is cracked, according to
the article. There is also mention of a bell tower.

Ted