Bells of the Swiss Centre, Leicester Square

Dickon Love dickon at F4_ivRzmUUO9Kqb--zNk5PRWjrzsc5rfUaLKnQ0VSDhURhWl3EwpENcYA0iBOltuLeUlZFPqOFZ103qPahRnTA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Oct 19 13:43:15 BST 2011

Following a tip off, I discovered that the bells of the Swiss Centre, Leicester Square, were being rehung today.  The old Swiss Centre was redeveloped a few years ago and the chime was dismantled.  The bells are now forming their own feature in front of where they used to be, in their own tower, which features little Swiss figures, etc.  They are being hung by Smiths of Derby, having been cast by Ruetschi A Arau Switzerland, and have "1985" cast upon them, although they weren't cast then!  They are brand new as it appears that the old bells were "lost" when the centre was redeveloped!

I am seeking permission to climb the scaffold and get more information, which will appear on Lovesguide in due course.

DrL