[Bell Historians] BBC Four request

John Harrison john at InyBf6t8LbwmWolg5h7y6CQeDZjlT5wfUO7BWIpcbFcfLhTOPFGUO5h_Mb0-NDOkgjTWh6lu36-DFqr4.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 7 19:01:50 BST 2011

In article <93310BB721EC at aLpTxn6Zn-ThViSLuFV3U_akuwX2eO5riIN-WSRGsrMUNRrzdCsnJvjpAd0zEU-qYR1kByvREIfRYvDptCe0XmvbQth0BljShiGubmCRzA.yahoo.invalid>,
   Robert Lewis <editor at VWod9f9epsU3Gbiuh1hGjbQrofvB0g0jtq4t_f6Bc17EtUP18Uai6QYinMiDTZ1LMCu89L2wNfPZKvFz3DrKjdE.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> A production company making a programme for BBC4 is very keen to locate
> and film a working example of Seage's apparatus and have asked my help to
> find one.

It doesn't have to be Seage's variety.  We found him a working one of the
other sort, but although it is in working order, it wasn't used for
practice during the war, which is the historical angle he is interested in
(the emphasis of the programme is on the history of ringing).

Can anyone point to an apparatus used during the war, which is still in
situ, even if not currently working?

Regards

--
John Harrison