[Bell Historians] Historical differences between long-standing bell foundries?

Kevin Jones kevscabs at noAv80yE5biwGOFkzIBCqp1ETsuFczujJbzoLb0YA6zdtwQMBNZYCNnO-SD0PPJbJsGYUKpwDPB3rrU.yahoo.invalid
Thu Apr 26 13:09:13 BST 2012

There are about 50 Bell-Foundrys around the World still casting bells today,

Grassmayr of Austria since 1599.
McShane of U.S.A. since 1856.
Paccard Fonderie of France since 1796.
Barberi of Spain, since 1565.
Portillia, Hermanos of Spain, since 1643.
Petit & Edelbrock of Germany, since 1660.

The Quality of some European Bell Foundrys are very high & it was Easy for a Bell Foundrys to survive WWW I & II because they cast
other things to survive.

To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
From: slosomething at 5xGvJ3-asFxMStrjlV1pPOY4R_hp5cx4x5YOiBzflfomofMp9U3rDQe9O2nvhvUc03UMVCQLFqBfuC9PYTHn.yahoo.invalid
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:43:15 +0000
Subject: [Bell Historians] Historical differences between long-standing bell foundries?

I have long wondered about the history some of the long-standing bell foundries that still exist today. Marinelli since 1040, John Taylor since the mid 1500's, Whitechapel since 1570, Petit & Fritsen from 1660 and Eijsbouts from 1872. There are probably more.

I wonder how they compare in reputation, size, market focus, quality of product, quality of service, pricing, how they survived the world wars, etc. I would appreciate anyone's insight on these venerable companies. Thanks.