[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic Bell

PFH peter at pAD42di02-20a0LJZwa3wyBf0Ymp5JefSbSvnuviEpo7gBu-BIDN7l9O_R3mbMbtuW_zw6C1-44.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 2 09:31:54 BST 2012

Precisely.

The weight of the bell is imprecise, so converting to a more precise figure
is not justified.

Someone 6 feet tall could not say his/her height is exactly 1.8288 meters!

Peter Humphreys

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Smith
Sent: 02 August 2012 00:32
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Olympic Bell

Given the weight is only quoted to the nearest 10 kg (as we
only have two figures after the decimal place), it seems
wrong to present the weight in cwt-qtr-lbs when, in fact,
it's only known to the nearest quarter hundredweight.
Should we not just call it 451 cwt and be content that we
don't and won't know its weight down to the last pound?

RAS

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.