[Bell Historians] Harry Stokes

ALAN A J BUSWELL aaj.buswell at uWhPBPs8x5Ag4-WKhjKYUyPgVOymcunPJSo8C48WUCnCN4skJqNDQiErISP95zb1pz4Qr9upkxIFKp9YoYd8rFI2.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 7 11:27:19 GMT 2012

In G&J records there is an entry; Stokes; Bell serial No. 1164; 34 1/2";  Bf;   7[?]-3-2;   1889.

I presume this refers to Harry Stokes but does anyone know where this bell is?

AAJB.

________________________________
 From: Hugh Routh <hughrouth at uijp8etalsdcpTqV9emNJGA-hJ4RzFNEMOT_OLqaZ0z8lz7aUFBcRB5srcmEeshq2UMVePsV_wFZ-iHrwA.yahoo.invalid>
To: "bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com" <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 6 December 2012, 22:44
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Harry Stokes

Hi Matthew,
Some records of his work appear to be held at nationalarchives.gov.uk.  Coincidentally, Mo and I stayed in a brilliant B&B run by a descendent of Harry's: Simon Stokes, of Lancercombe Farm, Tipton St John, Sidmouth, EX10 0JX Tel: 01404 812866. Simon showed us an album with photo's and records of work done by Harry, and his bell frames and fittings were apparently considered to be excellent.  Simon is also related to the Hughes Family of Whitechapel Bell Foundry, through the marriage of a relative!
Best wishes, Hugh