Alan Blair

Robert Lewis editor at TltH-_9pLvENHag_5u64gO6NSadEE_axwJkXvDXHbov_Ft6nvN5KyOD7evGYzYkByhT6PxGA0Db4EEaAluVW-nM.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 10 13:48:36 GMT 2012

Members of this list will be sorry to learn that I received a letter
this morning from Germany informing me
that Alan Blair (Dr John Alan Blair) of Julich, the author of many RW
articles about European bells and
'Great Bells of the World' died whilst travelling in France on 16th October.

I believe that Alan learned to ring at Acton in the late 1950s, but
had lived in Germany since the early 60s.
Nevertheless he retained a keen interest in the world of bells and
ringers and visited at least one Ringing
Roadshow.

If anyone knew him well enough to contribute to a RW obituary, then I
would be very pleased to hear from
them.

May he rest in peace.

RAL