[Bell Historians] Re: olympics

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd, www.bellhangers.com matthewhigby at P0r-exulmAlYU5iL_2If2HvwYXGor3Y8zhc-mnk6Q62w8ZyYvx-CAwAl43zH7zkwlWRZ5_Bi9oJzdWi_M8WN.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 6 15:32:06 GMT 2012

I like the sound of this bell (Peter bell at Cologne).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsF9nGxT80

Hopefully the Olympic bell will sound as impressive as this.

Listen right to the end!

Ooops,

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Roderic Bickerton <rodbic at -d7oc_dRyAex9CtcLVo-Hrkavkdi7avfejUhY-vBVmCfhX9eBeTqiBaXw0EAclqBLFfqJ7KtcvSqKw.yahoo.invalid>
To: bellhistorians <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:29
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: olympics

Harmonics are multiples some at octave intervals ABOVE the fundamental.
What is the predicted fundamental for this bell?

For comparison, a 64ft organ stop goes down to 16 Hz which is audible,
although 13Hz is not.
I was present at a demonstration where a sound meter was switched on and
read 100dB although nothing was audible not even as a felt vibration, I
think that was 10Hz