[Bell Historians] Swiss bellfounders

David Sloman david at EEXHKhVDG2sxdArKIldydhqB97vXQ0apo_f3wDNto7fLlf_Is6r7Y1rSEB-u-Jr6SdVc2IzeVK4ia0RhWqZ75vz-2XPFugM.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 23 11:15:56 GMT 2012

A google search reveals a Conrad Restaurant on the site of the Conrad Canon & Bell Foundry in Zurich but gives no further information. Is this bell located in the UK or overseas?

DS
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Pickford
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:23 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Swiss bellfounders

  I'm interested to identify the founder of a small bell cast in Zurich in 1814. It is 16.375" diameter, and inscribed: F GEGOSSEN IN ZVRICH ANNO 1814. / (border all round). The canons are ornamented with heads and faces.

  Can anyone suggest a possible founder? Or point me to a list of Zurich founders of the period?

  I do have some photos if it would help

  Thanks

  Chris Pickford