Re Old North Church, Boston

Laura Dickerson lauradi at VPO4h22taTsw5BJepLLR_GNsBkN7E80qtZyDBy4JwY3tY3M3XG2RLIT0TzgeFD7BNIv4XJh1.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jun 16 21:40:23 BST 2012

CP wrote about Trinity NYC.
 >>A  print of this church, published in 1740, shows that it had a tower
and
spire.) <<
The picture can be seen here (look at 1698, click on it)
http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/history/timeline
   Some online histories of the Trinity School that I found (which
pretty clearly copied from each other) report that school classes were
originally held in the steeple of the church, until 1749. There is no
reason one couldn't squeeze classroom space above or below bells, but I
don't see any mention of ringing. (doesn't prove anything).
The separate classroom building burned down in 1750, when the original
steeple did.
Laura Dickerson