King's Cliffe (was recording)

John David johnedavid at 9zZxywvU70TJLmY3HkBLI4XIl-aETMBc59XXIXJ2VN5jqHSwaO8-wTsFLHSe-q6wWV91jeq1RoIYjlmckO5K2g.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 14 15:58:53 BST 2012

My memories of Kings Cliffe (1966-76) are that the bells were incredibly loud inside - we once rang a quarter peal conducted by whistle because calls were inaudible.
Was this loudness due to the unusual frame design, which I believe was built up using steel plates as pit sides instead of castings
Good to hear that they are still in action and looked after
John David
Guernsey
(once St John's, Peterborough)