Database of Bell Founders

peterbellman2006 pete at bkHhmGE0WTe_SIqWkDMGw9ax279FNtPgXmqfFNdT7O8YaQsnqZGaP5sRinMinYQJNRMPT_agjiQCkd5l.yahoo.invalid
Tue Oct 30 16:40:45 GMT 2012

Hello all,

I have created a website which contains a database of bell founders, which I have compiled from a large number of published sources. If you have any comments or amendments, I would be grateful to receive these, with due acknowledgement, but I would be very grateful if you would let me know the source of such data. This is probably best sent to me via the 'contact' link on the website, but if you think the topic may be of interest to a wider audience via this forum, I will leave that to you.

I think it will be useful, in time, to add 'aliases' and alternative spellings. I am also aware that there is more work needed on 'predecessors' and 'successors', particularly where a business passed to multiple people.

You will see that is possible to make enquiries in a number of ways and I am grateful to my son Matt who has developed this capability.

I hope you will find this useful.

http://www.bellfounders.net/

Regards,

Pete Dyson