[Bell Historians] Re: Norfolk mediaeval graffiti

alan_ellis at telus.net alan_ellis at telus.net
Wed Dec 18 19:25:02 GMT 2013

Hello Anne and Peter,

Vey interesting indeed.

I, too, saw nothing of a bell-ringing nature in the graffiti, however, they did flash past rather quickly.

I'm more interested in the Churchwarden from Hell!   Does one of the two photographs picture the church in question?
I cannot place either of them, but then, my area of expertice is north Norfolk rather than south Norfolk.  I do know that
neither photograph is Mundford, which is south of Swaffham.

Churchwardens like him/her give churches and Norfolk (and elsewhere) a bad name.  I've ran into a few over the years.
One day they will get their come-uppance.  I'd certainly give them a lecture to change their tune.    A piece of coal in their
Christmas stocking.

Apologies for the rant.

Best wishes and a Merry Christma,

Alan Ellis