[Bell Historians] Eijsbouts Olympic Bell

RobertLewiseditor at UV5_gRHKq0Qm5179fu3L4dnl4cGWluuaVklwikBXK6FJsf18fzyiuFZnHSGFrfAM1CHLiqO_yt7I3K-W7ztrm-4.yahoo.invalid RobertLewiseditor at UV5_gRHKq0Qm5179fu3L4dnl4cGWluuaVklwikBXK6FJsf18fzyiuFZnHSGFrfAM1CHLiqO_yt7I3K-W7ztrm-4.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 4 15:45:51 GMT 2013

At 23:47 02/01/2013, Carl wrote:

>The annual Christmas & New Year greeting card from Royal Eijsbouts
>highlights 12 quite varied projects completed during 2012.  One item
>is this:
>
>"London, United Kingdom - Acting as sub-contractor to the Whitechapel
>Bell Foundry Ltd., a very large bell was cast for the opening
>ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.  The bell, having a net
>weight of twenty-three tons, was accurately tuned (eleven partials,
>strike note B) making it the tallest harmonically tuned bell in the
>world."
>
>The accompanying photo shows the "bell ringer" holding the "bell
>rope", giving a visual impression of its size as many of us saw on TV.

A little surprising that Eijsbouts have used this on their Christmas card.

I was under the impression that all Olympic contractors and sub-contractors
were prevented by the small print from using such material for their own
promotional purposes.

Maybe they had special permission ...

RAL