[Bell Historians] ANZAB Festival (RW 2013, p.695)

Richard Offen richard.offen at ...
Mon Jul 15 23:30:07 BST 2013

Whilst on the subject of that particular article, I will raise the thorny topic I have queried before in this forum.

Why has it been felt necessary to invent the new noun, 'carillonist' for those who play a carillon? The word 'carillonneur' has served the English language perfectly well for some considerable time, so what precipitated the desire for this new(ish) invention??

Sent from Richard Offen's iPad