[Bell Historians] Death of Fabian Stedman

Richard Smith richard at ...
Mon May 20 20:42:27 BST 2013

Dickon Love wrote:

> We know that Fabian Stedman died in November 1713, but do we have a date?
> The plaque to his memory in the church of St Andrew Undershaft seems to have
> a burial date on it, but I can't seem to read it on
> http://london.lovesguide.com/extra_images/andrew_undershaft/andrew_undershaf
> t06.jpg

The burial register says "Fabian Steadman a Lodger" was
buried on 16 Nov 1713 at St Andrew Undershaft.  His will was
dated 17 Oct 1713.  So he must have died sometime between
those two dates, and probably only a few days before his
burial.  But so far as I'm aware, no date is known.

RAS