[Bell Historians] Re: Death of Fabian Stedman

nitramwe edward.w.martin at ...
Mon May 20 22:37:35 BST 2013

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Higby & Company Ltd, www.bellhangers.com" <matthewhigby at ...> wrote:

> Giles can't help but there are a few leads which may lead to more info here http://www.tqsi.info/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I73878&tree=stedman_uk
>

> Matthew

Not at all.

I actually gave Arthur White that information (to my shame I told him that Stedman had been apprenticed to a Master Printer, which I now know to be complete nonsense).

>From my book:
"Ursula, the second wife of Francis Stedman senior, gave birth to five children: three girls, one of whom died at the age of three and was buried on the same day that her sister Ursula was being baptized; this young Ursula eventually married John Ravenhill and had a son, also named John, who was bequeathed a silver spoon in his grandfather's will. The third daughter, Sarah, grew up to marry John Bond of Stroud, a butcher, and had two children who also received silver spoons in the same will. Of the two boys born to Francis and Ursula, the younger boy died in infancy but the remaining boy was baptized Fabian at Yarkhill, December 7th 1640."
There is no record that Fabian married or that he had any children in or out of wedlock, therefore it is difficult to see how anyone might claim him as a direct ancestor.

Eddie Martin