Mellor ringing

George Dawson george at ...
Thu May 30 17:09:15 BST 2013

It isn't often that I am moved to recommend something to the Ringing
Fraternity, but last week the Mellor Church bell ringers visited the
Loughborough Bellfoundry Museum. On their departure they presented me with a
copy of their CD, 'Ring me sunshine' which has 6 tracks of the sounds coming
from their tower. These are entitled 'Morning Service', Evening Service',
'Wedding Joy', Visit of the Bishop'. Christmas Joy' & Joyful Harmony'.

I can do no more than quote from the back of the CD:

When the heavy metal strains of Schonberg meet the sublime passions of
Paschelbel you know you are in for a musical treat. Here Mellors own member
of the Royle Family, Craig Cash introduces the raw power  of Campanology at
its finest. Sit back & enjoy the sensuous mix of tone & strength captured in
the stunning arrangement of Tower Captain Patrick Whitburn. Admire the
casual subtleties of Andrew Sokills scherzo and marvel at the virtuosity  of
former cathedral  chimer Tim Low.

Copies may be obtained from:

http://www.sycamoremp.co.uk/catalogue.html

I heartily  endorse their efforts.