[Bell Historians] Eddie Martin

Dickon Love dickon at lovesguide.com
Tue Nov 19 12:17:41 GMT 2013

I have just received the following email from the Secretary of the ASCY
(David House) to pass on the sad news that Eddie (Edward W) Martin died
yesterday while undergoing surgery. Originally from Leicestershire, Eddie
moved to the Washington area in 1971 following his marriage to Ann, and
remained there for most of his life.

He last sent a post to this list 26 hours ago:

"I had intended to produce a small book about Stedman & his times, but what
with being the world's worst procrastinator & moving back to the USA it is
still a long way from being ready. In addition I have to go to the hospital
for major surgery in about 5 mins time - wish me luck

If all goes well, I'll still be out of circulation for a while but will get
back to you with evidence (of which there is  a reasonable amount to
convince yours truly."

DrL