[Bell Historians] Eddie Martin

Hazel Basford hazel at basford.com
Tue Nov 19 12:47:57 GMT 2013

I am really so sorry to hear this news.

 Several years ago Eddie helped me to slightly better understand the work that John Powell Powell of Quex Park did on Stedman Triples and published privately in his 1828 book.  In fact Eddie was the only one of several Stedman "experts" that I spoke to who could actually put the work in its context.  He and I published adjacent articles in the Ringing World - he described in detail the technicalities, I wrote about the publication and the whereabouts of copies.

I have lodged copies of the articles here in the archives at Quex.  I will always be grateful to Eddie for his kindness and help.  I am so sad today.

Hazel Basford
Archivist
Powell Cotton Museum
Quex Park