[Bell Historians] RE: Taylors Bell Foundry

Michael semken mjsesq at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 09:16:36 BST 2013

Just thought I would put you all in the picture.

John Taylor & Co have just had a full property condition survey (two
volumes worth) carried out with financial assistance from EH. As a
result of this a couple of emergency repairs have been done to stabilise
some small sections of the roof, again with EH assistance.  The main
problem is ingress of water either through loose/cracked slates or
through the poorly designed guttering system.

We are now at the very early stages of seeking grant aid and appointing
a suitable architect to atcually do the required restoration/repair work.

In the mean time, please be assured that we have more than enough "drip
free" floor space to operate the company successfully and continue to
manufacture a very high quality product.

Mike Semken
John Taylor & Co.