[Bell Historians] Ringing World Obituaries 1998-2012 [1 Attachment]

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 31 12:30:35 GMT 2013

Having tired of checking the yearly indexes when looking for obituaries,
I have created a combined index (in the form of the main CCCBR Library
Committee obituaries index) from saved versions of the electronic
/Ringing World/ indexes since 1998. It proved relatively simple and easy
to do.

However, it should be noted that the RW indexes include all death
notices and commemorative tributes and performances as well as
obituaries proper, so the number of references for some individuals
(e.g. Stephen Ivin and Rod Pipe) runs to several columns. All useful though!

File attached. But if there's a better way to make this available, let
me know. Ideally, this file (perhaps with some further editing) could
simply be added to the online obituaries index to update it - i.e. at
http://www.cccbr.org.uk/library/obits/ and/or the downloadable
spreadsheet version. I've copied this specifically to Alan Glover as he
may know who now "controls" these versions so that this can be explored

Hope that others will find this useful too

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at talk21.com or
(interchangeably) c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com