[Bell Historians] Refurbishment of the clock tower - Sydney Town Hall [1 Attachment]

Laurie Alexander laurie2027 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:38:28 BST 2013

Dear friends,
I came across this article today in the Sydney 'Daily Telegraph' (by Troy Lennon) on the refurbishment of the clock tower of the Sydney Town Hall.  Although a Sydney article, I thought it would be of interest to many of you as it includes the history of the bells along with some early early history -  including a section on early convict ringers!
PDF file attached.
Also this link in today's SMH.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/96m-makeover-give-bells-new-appeal-20130903-2t38w.html