[Bell Historians] Adjustable Louvres

James White jw_home at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 1 07:52:44 BST 2014

>> What happens at St. Mary le Bow....when the electricity button is pressed to operate the sound control?

The sound control at St Mary Le Bow is manual (unless it has been changed very recently) and involves crossing the frame to reach a small ladder (about four rungs) up to a ledge around the inside of the louvres.  Walking around this ledge you can then shut tall and thick doors (four each on four sides I think) which more or less completely seal off the belfry.