[Bell Historians] Fw: Tim, your email has been hacked!

Timothy Hurd timothyhurd at ymail.com
Sat Jan 11 23:06:34 GMT 2014

Dear All

Profuse apologies for any spam you may have received from my @ymail.com email account in the past 24 hours or so.

I have performed a complete system scan on my Mac laptop and have turned up zero infections, so can only assume problem has originated with Yahoo's ymail system or its local intermediary in New Zealand (@extra.co.nz).

Basically, it appears the 'bug' (whatever it is) turned my @ymail address into a 'SpamBot' & likewise went on to infiltrate my alias email addresses & address books, jumping the Mac Firewall in the process [!]

I have changed access password & security questions as a first precaution, but please inform me immediately if you receive any more spam. In such case, I will simply cancel @ymail account.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you click on the highlighted (executable) URL address in the email shown below.

Thanks for your understanding.

Timothy