[Bell Historians] Mystery Hour Bell - Stourbridge

groups.steve.powell@channel-two.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Jun 10 01:28:39 BST 2014

On still nights I've recently started hearing a distant bell strike the hour, usually late at night when the traffic noise dies down. This is heard from what is known as the 'old quarter' of Stourbridge (locals will know where that is). I've been racking my brain to think where this bell is. None of the local churches strike the hour as far as I recall and there are no public clocks within earshot. I've heard it several times now and it's really starting to bug me! Can anyone suggest what I might be hearing?
 Thanks and regards,
 Steve.