[Bell Historians] Church Eaton - possible confusion over bells 1, 2 & 3?

Ken Webb kenwebb at ringhilmarton.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 12:33:52 GMT 2014

Mike Chester  Church Eaton said:

Can anyone be definitive with regard to who cast the treble at Church Eaton,Staffs? I rang there yesterday and noticed that Dove has the founder as
Warner 1901, the weight card has it as a Rudhall's bell of 1718 and a local website says that it is uninscribed but certainly from the Clibury foundry!
George Dawson has it as 1631, W & T Clibury, but I would hope that someone has actually seen the bell, if possible and I am not sure if he has.
Thank you
Mike

Based solely on the existing Dove entry  & the fact that the 3rd is a lighter bell than 1 & 2, it appears the 1631 Clibury bell might be the 3rd and  the Rudhall bell the 2nd (were they a 5 & the Treble added by Warner in 1901?)

Regards

Ken