[Bell Historians] Maesteg

'David Cawley' davidl.cawley@btinternet.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue May 13 11:21:20 BST 2014

Chime of 8. Cast by G&J 1951 they stood in the churchyard for some years, having been supplied complete with chiming fittings and framework. They were hung in the completed tower in 1958 by Taylors. They are reported to me as lovely bells.

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: chester at michaelchester4.orangehome.co.uk [bellhistorians]
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:57 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Maesteg

  Looked into history of the chime, as I had no founder or date.  On the webpage

  http://parishofllangynwydwithmaesteg.com/page7.php#HistorySTM

  it states that the tower was erected in 1958 and the chime was cast by G&J. This would make it after the foundry ceased making bells, if they were cast at this time. Can anyone please confirm that their date and founder?

  Mike