[Bell Historians] Ropley, Hampshire, Re: Fire.

alan Buswell aaj.buswell@gmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Apr 13 12:51:15 BST 2015

           Since most of the church records were destroyed in the fire of
19th June 2014, I am trying to gather past history of the tower, bells and
ringers.
           In their Timeline from 'Ropley2000' there is an entry for 1726
viz - 'Church clock installed at St Peters'. I can find no record of this
event, even after enquiring locally. There is not even mention of the 1701
bells in this timeline.
           Colchester's *Church Bells of Hampshire *gives mention of a
'Clock bell outside, 1755, Lester & Pack.' This date could be 1758, a badly
written figure.
           I am hoping that there may be someone who might be able to add
further information and possibley connect the two dates.
           Also, as a very long-shot, would any one know of a photograph
that I could use of a Miss Marianna Sophie Hagen, b.1852, d,1932. It was
she who paid outright for providing the new G&J bells in 1927.

Thank you all.
Alan Buswell.