[Bell Historians] Bells every weeday morning.

MikeOrme@aol.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Feb 27 10:35:26 GMT 2015

Sir,- In February 2014 John Harrison the chairman of the CCCBR Committee at that time received an email from Premier Christian Radio who are based in Pimlico, London, SW1. John passed the message on to myself and since that time I have been in almost weekly contact with either PCR or the BBC on an exciting new venture.
 They had been considering for some considerable time how to start their 07.00 Inspirational Breakfast Show. In a flash of inspiration they came up with "what could be more Christian, more UK than Church Bells as a signature feature". Each morning a new tower will feature with a short note on the bells and their location, it would be called "Peals of the Day" (early on in our dialogue I warned them off the word Peals).
 Premier had no recordings and wished me to approach the BBC on their behalf with a view to having access to copies of their recordings. This as you can imagine has taken a very long time to resolve, the original first broadcast date was set for late Autumn 2014. Recordings were eventually made a couple of weeks ago and I am now at long last in a position at announce that the first broadcast will be on Monday the 2nd March 2015, and will be called "Bells of The Day". Chris Mew, Chairman of The Central Council is due to be interviewed as their main guest at around 07.50 on Tuesday 3rd March.
 As a result I am looking for a great deal more recordings, the BBC collection amounts to around 150 decent recording (say 30 weeks before a repeat), please see "tips" at the bottom left of the "RW" home page.
 PCR is available on MW 1305, 1332, 1413, and 1566 in the Greater London and Surrey area and Nationally on DAB, and Freeview channel 725.
 Michael Orme.
 Cheshire.
 Member of the CCCBR Public Relations Committee.