[Bell Historians] Holy Trinity Church, Idaiyangudi, Tamil Nadu, India. Ring of four?

'Nick Bowden' nickwbowden@talktalk.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sun Jan 11 20:50:13 GMT 2015

From: Bryan McCahey b.mccahey at yahoo.com [bellhistorians]
What are we to make of this youtube video? An unknown (never-rung) ring of
four out in India? A substantial frame, headstocks, stays, clappers (no
wheels?)

Definitely steel bells, probably by Vickers Sons & Co of Sheffield.

I make the tenor 1014Hz (B+45) and a wild guess of around 5cwt.

I wonder if wheels were ever fitted?

I also wonder how many more rings like this there are in India, e.g. the 6
at Mussoorie?

Regards, Nick

Posted by: "Nick Bowden" <nickwbowden at talktalk.net>

<*> Your email settings: