[Bell Historians] Largest tuned bell in the world?

Matthew Higby matthewhigby@aol.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Nov 6 22:30:35 GMT 2015

There are larger tuned bells than the Riverside Bass Bell. Dare I mention The 2012 Olympic Bell (23 tons). I believe the Riverside Bass bell is the largest bell cast and tuned in the UK (That exists anyway). It said in Jill Johnson's book that they cast three different bass bells after Rockerfeller didn't like the sound of the first one. They eventually reverted back to the first! I am not sure of the finished weights of the rejects, they may have been heavier.

MH