[Bell Historians] Where are the women?

lauradi@rcn.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat Oct 10 13:25:33 BST 2015

   There are lots of women who are historians.  Genealogy research (a field/hobby related to history) has millions of women participating.  I don't know why there aren't a similar percentage of female bell historians among ringers.  Speaking only for myself, I enjoy lurking on this list and reading some published works, but thus far, if I want to know something, it's easier to rely on the work of someone in the past (or just send a questioning note to this group) than to do any original research myself.  My personal laziness shouldn't be taken as a generalization, of course.
Laura Dickerson