[Bell Historians] CC ~define [was: Tower Classification]

John Harrison john@jaharrison.me.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Apr 19 09:48:22 BST 2016

In article <004d01d1997a$65717810$30546830$@org.uk>,
   'Chris Frye' Chris at frye.org.uk [bellhistorians]
<bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>  to clarify the issue, we should turn to how the CCCBR itself defines
>  "Church Bell Ringers".  The CCCBR rules are easy to find at
>  http://www.methods.org.uk/ccrules.htm .

> In the section headed "Object" the phrase "church bells" appears twice

But if you changed it to 'tower bells' it would not much change the sense.

>  whereas "bell ringer" does not appear at all.

Not very impressive for an organisation that one might imagine exists to
serve bellringers.

When were the Objects last reviewed against the needs of the ringing
community that the Council should be serving, or even against what it has
been doing?

For example, the headline Object is stated as:

'To promote and foster the ringing of bells for Christian prayer, worship
and celebration ...'

Is that the overriding service that the Council should be providing?

How does it relate to the work that the Council actually does?

Do the sub-objects that follow it 'in furtherance thereof' correlate with
the headline Objetct?  (They correlate far better with what the Council
does on behalf of ringers.)

Discuss

--
John Harrison