[Bell Historians] Blackboard learning system

lauradi@rcn.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Mar 17 12:35:49 GMT 2016

    The email looked like spam to me, but the Blackboard learning system is a real thing.  Their web site is awful (in my opinion).
The point is online interaction between students and the professor (or apparently teachers not at a university level).  Assignments can be posted and completed online, the syllabus is available, grades are there, sources can be linked, etc. Class discussion equivalents (message boards) are common.   It can be used along with  a face-to-face class or used for an entirely online course.  Blackboard may be the most popular in the US, but there are other similar companies.
http://www.blackboard.com/

Laura Dickerson