[Bell Historians] J Eyre Poppleton

David Willis dcwillispiano@yahoo.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Apr 24 09:27:08 BST 2017

Is this the person we are talking about Ted ?

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
West House, Pontefract, Tanshelf, Yorkshire
First name(s) 	Last name 	Relationship 	Marital status 	Gender 	Age 	Birth year 	Occupation 	Birth place

James E 	Poppleton 	Head 	Married 	Male 	40 	1861 	Solicitor 	Bradford, Yorkshire
Bertha 	Poppleton 	Wife 	Married 	Female 	41 	1860 	- 	Dewsbury, Yorkshire
Margaret E 	Poppleton 	Daughter 	Single 	Female 	7 	1894 	- 	Pontefract, Yorkshire
Mary E 	Poppleton 	Daughter 	Single 	Female 	0 	1901 	- 	Pontefract, Yorkshire

David

________________________________
From: "Ted Steele teds.bells at tesco.net [bellhistorians]" <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 23 April 2017, 20:19
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] J Eyre Poppleton

On 01/03/2017 21:42, Ted Steele teds.bells at tesco.net [bellhistorians] wrote:

> In 1894 Poppleton made a number of plaster casts of letters, badges and
> stops etc. from bells across the West Riding of Yorkshire.  .....
>
> The original casts made by Poppleton in 1894 have just come into my
> possession; along with his handwritten index.

Further to the above, which I posted some seven weeks ago I can now
advise that I have photographed the casts and placed the images on
Dropbox; the following link should work for anyone interested. I am by
no means an accomplished photographer but have done my best to display
the casts so as to show the maximum detail, although in many cases this
is rather little. The casts are currently held by The Doncaster and
District Society of Change Ringers but are being offered to the foundry
museum in Loughborough, where I hope to deliver them in the next few days.

<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmwn2x7vd5p10d5/AABVnIdDY_Pq8qLhL21Bivz3a?dl=0>

Ted

Posted by: David Willis <dcwillispiano at yahoo.com>

<*> Your email settings: