[Bell Historians] Coventry, Stoke - First Peal

Mike Chester mikechester@hotmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Dec 1 13:57:39 GMT 2017

The date for the first peal at Coventry, Stoke is given as 15th November 1904 in the Felstead.

There is a peal board in the ringing chamber for a peal of Grandsire Doubles on Saturday November 5th.  November 5th was a Saturday in 1904; the 15th being a Tuesday.

I think it is likely to be a typo on Felstead, but, as this pre-dates the founding of the Warwickshire Guild, I cannot look in the archives. Can someone please look in Bell News for around this date to confirm details of this peal.

Many thanks

Mike